Subject: RE: [security-services] NIST prohibits use of SAML assertions at LOA 4

All

I support Martin's suggestion.  Our organization prefers a standard
approach.  We want to avoid exceptions for LOA 4, if we can.  Please add
this topic to the SSTC Bi-Weekly Quorum Con-Call meeting agenda.

Best regards
David

David Staggs, JD, CISSP (SAIC)
Veterans Health Administration
Chief Health Informatics Office
Emerging Health Technologies

-----Original Message-----
From: Smith, Martin [mailto:Martin.Smith@DHS.GOV]
Sent: Sunday, June 29, 2008 5:49 PM
To: Paul Madsen; Cahill, Conor P
Cc: cantor.2@osu.edu; Eric Tiffany; Staggs, David (SAIC); OASIS SSTC
Subject: RE: [security-services] NIST prohibits use of SAML assertions
at LOA 4

So, would the TC be willing to provide a comment along the lines of this
thread to NIST? I believe that would be considered carefully, and those
of us in Fed agencies could endorse it. I believe it's important for Fed
agencies to simplify the use of flexible and robust access-control
facilities that use common authZ and authN data -- and eliminate the
need for apps to implement a separate technology to leverage HSPD-12
credentials.

Thanks,

Martin

Martin F. Smith