Subject: RE: [security-services] NIST prohibits use of SAML assertions at LOA 4

I would say it would include all Bearer tokens (as Paul pointed out).   The point being that you need to move to something stronger than bearer subject confirmation (such as holder-of-key).

Conor

From: John Bradley [mailto:jbradley@mac.com]
Sent: Monday, June 30, 2008 4:27 PM
To: Cahill, Conor P
Cc: Paul Madsen; OASIS SSTC

Conor,

Not that I am 100% certain, but I believe this may also include infocard SAML barrier tokens not just 'browser redirect SSO systems that rely on bearer tokens'

It is only in the case of a auditing m-card that the STS is passed the RP's cert for end to end encryption.

It may be that infocard m-cards are no better if looked at closely.

This just came up on the OSIS call today regarding some of the feature tests.

Just an observation.

Regards

=jbradley