Subject: RE: [security-services] specifying the <ds:X509SKI> element

Hi Tom,

What's meant by "the DER-encoded Subject Key Identifier (SKI) extension"?
Is it the entire DER-encoded Extension object, which is a sequence of OID, critical flag and value?
Or is it the value field, which is an ASN.1 OCTET STRING, including its ASN.1 DER-encoded tags?
Or is it the bytes of the SKI value, i.e., the content of the OCTET STRING without its tags?

I would favor the last of these options, so we don't assume ASN.1 parsing capability on the part of an XML protocol implementation.

::Ari