Subject: draft unofficial SAML logos

A graphic artist I know contributed this draft composite SAML logo idea
(pro-bono). I was hoping I could host all the files on the saml.xml.org wiki,
but it appears that one can only upload .jpg, .png, and .tif files. And also
the image gets re-sized down to something pretty darn small. So that isn't very
useful. But I did create a page there about it..

   http://saml.xml.org/wiki/saml-logos

I've uploaded all the files (draft-saml-logo-03.{eps,pdf,png,psd,tif}) to the
"folder A.1: Version 2.0 Outreach" portion of the SSTC doc repository, and so
there's a series of messages to this list with "draft-saml-logo-03" in the
subject line, and containing links to each file. A browser-friendly rendering
is this one..

<http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/29723/draft-saml-logo-03.png>

Note that this logo image is a composite one -- all the various components are
separable, eg the abstract glyph can be used anywhere in relation to the "SAML"
text, or not at all, or on it's own. The version text, eg "v2.0", can be
present or absent.

The logo was originally produced in PhotoShop (.psd), thus it might be editable
in, eg, GIMP or other vector editors that understand the PhotoShop .psd file
format.

WRT where to go from here, I guess the TC can decide if (1) it wants to have an
"official" committee logo for SAML at all, and if so, then (2) whether it wants
to use this as-is or modify/enhance it. This was pro-bono work and it already
chewed up some hours on the artist's part (she wishes to remain anonymous btw),
so I don't know whether we can get mods done by the original artist.

My suggestion is that we work with what we have here. Since the image is a
composite of several components, we can move them around and alter the text
ones and create several different overall logos. eg ones for SAMLv2, SAMLv1.1,
just "SAML", etc.

WRT Liberty Alliance interoperable branding, I can't find a logo there that's
SAML-specifc. Rather there seems to be just the "Liberty Interoperable(tm)" logo..

http://www.projectliberty.org/liberty/files/images/liberty_interoperable_tm_logo

..that is generic wrt underlying technology and it seems to apply to those
having passed "Liberty Interoperability Testing Procedures for SAML...", AFAICT.

thoughts?

=JeffH