Subject: disposition of query re DER encoding issue

I sent a query re the DER encoding issue in the HoK Assertion Profile
to four external mailing lists.  By far, the best responses were
received from members of the PKIX Working Group:

http://www.imc.org/ietf-pkix/mail-archive/msg04947.html

I'm unable to summarize this very long thread in a few short
sentences.  I will, however, incorporate what I've learned in the next
version of the HoK Assertion Profile (which is forthcoming).

Tom