Subject: FW: Official Inquiry: Removing non-normative appendix as errata

FYI, Mary's response.

I have already told her that we want to go forward with the Errata without this change.

Note the part about the IANA request going thru OASIS TC Admin.

Hal

-----Original Message-----
From: Mary McRae [mailto:mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Monday, November 02, 2009 7:27 PM
To: Harold Lockhart
Cc: Tc-Admin (E-mail); Thomas Hardjono (E-mail)

Great question.

   You couldn't 'drop' it per se since it would appear in the original
spec. You could, I imagine, declare it null and void and if producing
a merged spec replace the text with the words [REMOVED] or similar?
That is to say I would have no objection ;)

   Does that mean you don't want me to process the Errata request yet?

   As a sidenote, please note that all correspondence with IANA should
go through OASIS TC Admin - so if you send me the necessary bits I can
forward.

Mary P McRae
Director, Standards Development
Technical Committee Administrator
email: mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org
web: www.oasis-open.org
twitter: fiberartisan  #oasisopen
phone: 1.603.232.9090

Standards are like parachutes: they work best when they're open.