Subject: Re: [security-services] SAML deployments that use consent step?

>> Could this, given the interpretation of its relevance put forward
>> by Josh,
>> preclude wider deployment?
>
> Dunno. Here in the privacy hinterland, I tend to see the rules
> change to
> match whatever the latest hyped solution happens to support.

Here in the technology hinterland, we have also have to deal with the
same hyped solutions but the difference in jurisdiction unfortunately
doesn't improve people's credulity.

On the bright side, there are custodial sentences being proposed for
certain DP offences in the UK, and I'm hopeful that this will promote
a more circumspect approach to the technology from deployers.

josh.