Subject: Re: [security-services] Consent management protocol?

Are you talking about the Consent attribute in the eGov profile?

The Consent attribute MUST be supported.
The Consent values which MUST be supported, but not limited to, are:
urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:consent:obtained urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:consent:prior urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:consent:current-implicit urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:consent:current-explicit urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:consent:unspecified

Or are you thinking of a service more like Eve's UMA?

John B.
On 2009-12-17, at 2:24 PM, Scott Cantor wrote:

Josh Howlett wrote on 2009-12-17:
I heard there was some consent management protocol in Liberty Alliance
specs, but I can't find it. Does anyone know of this? I'm aware of the
Interaction Service, but I am looking for something more general that
would support consent management between two entities, possibly
independently of a principal.

Nothing that I'm aware of, but supposedly there was an e-Gov use case in
which somebody was arguing for the creation of something called a Consent
Service. I have no idea what that is, or whether it's the same something you
mean.