Subject: RE: [security-services] Submission of SAML & XACML updates to ITU: questions

Hal
The material was presented to the ITU
The ITU sent an LS asking for material to be submitted back to them in an
effort to synch as much as possible between the 2 versions.

Regards
Abbie

-----Original Message-----
From: Harold Lockhart [mailto:hal.lockhart@oracle.com]
Sent: December-17-09 11:43 AM
To: James Bryce Clark; security-services; xacml@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: hardjono; laurent.liscia; mary.mcrae; abbie barbir; bill@parducci.net
Subject: RE: [security-services] Submission of SAML & XACML updates to ITU:
questions

Jamie,

As the result of Abbie's (persistent) urging last summer, I developed
reports of both SAML and XACML addressing this issue.

The reports were posted to the archives of the respective TCs in September.

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/34319/XACML%20Status%20for
%20ITU-T.ppt

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/34320/SAML%20Status%20for%
20ITU-T.ppt

A copy was also provided to Abbie for presentation to ITU-T.

The last slide of each presentation predicts what material will be
appropriate for submission to ITU-T by an unspecified date in the Spring of
2010.

As far as I can see the predictions I made are still correct. In summary:

-----
XACML

Only the XSPA profile has reached OS status and in my opinion is likely to
due so by this Spring. We are working on a batch of 8 documents which I hope
will reach CS status by around the end of January, but there are no
immediate prospects of getting 3 attestations of use for any of them, much
less the whole set.

I would like very much to process approved Errata for XACML and submit it to
ITU-T, however for historical reasons a substantial amount of editing work
is required to create a document in the form required by the OASIS process
and I have neither found the time to do it myself or a volunteer to take it
on.

-----
SAML:

Metadata Profile for SAML 1.x,
Metadata Extension for SAML V2.0 and V1.x Query Requesters, and
XSPA Profile

have all reached OS and should be submitted to ITU-T. We have some other
documents which are at CS, but are awaiting attestations of use. I have no
reason to believe we will get any in the next month or two.

The SS TC has processed Errata several times. The latest cumulative Errata
was just approved recently and should be submitted to ITU-T. It will not be
the last one issued by the SS TC, but it represents the currently approved
corrections.

-----

I have never received a firm cutoff date for the materials or any other
information back from the ITU-T. I don't know if my reports were presented
to ITU-T or whether there are any questions or other feedback to the TCs.

Let me know if I can further assist in this effort.

Hal