Subject: RE: [security-services] Discovery hint

BTW, it occurs to me that in fact the major advantage of doing a higher
level extension element is actually to change the hint extension model from
explicit XML to what you might call the "generic property" approach that a
lot of people favor.

In other words, this:

<Extensions>
	<krb:Hint>...</krb:Hint>
	<ip:Hint>...</ip:Hint>
</Extensions>

becomes this:

<Extensions>
	<disco:Hint Type="...KRB">...</disco:Hint>
	<disco:Hint Type="...IP">...</disco:Hint>
</Extensions>

People not especially enamored of XML seem to favor the latter as a
"simpler" extension model, though personally I'm not a big believer that it
makes much difference.

But I suspect that's the real decision point (and maybe that's what you
meant).