Subject: SAML assertion profile in OAuth 2.0?

The WRAP spec [1] defines an 'assertion' profile as one means by which a
WRAP client obtains an access token - this used for subsequent
authentication of a service request

The premise is that a WRAP client uses the (very under defined) profile
to trade an assertion for a WRAP token (a la WS-Trust)

As the OAuth community starts work on OAuth 2.0, David Recordon poses
the question 'do we want to keep the SAML assertion profile?'

http://daveman692.livejournal.com/349384.html

Do we wish to argue? (one way or the other)

Paul

[1] - http://bit.ly/c21VCw [1