Subject: RE: [security-services] Groups - draft-sstc-saml-channel-binding-ext-01.odt uploaded

> Document Description:
> Extension for general channel bindings use in SAML, and a rudimentary
> profile for using them with request/response profiles.

This is the initial straw man for a generic extension and the slightly "toy" use case I suggested earlier this week.

In parallel with this, I started work on a new version of the ECP profile that adds support for channel bindings and Holder of Key. Initially I had it in this document, but it's going to take longer, and the HoK bit is pretty separate, so I split it out.

The reason I'm interested in that stuff is because my GSS mechanism needs channel bindings added to the ECP messages, and my work on non-browser HTTP security is generally built on ECP, so the HoK support there is much more practical (to me) than the browser version.

The new version will be options on top of the original profile, and compatible with it, but I'm writing it up as a new version so that I can polish the original text and make it easier to read, as I'm not very happy with the original.