Subject: RE: [security-services] Adding channel bindings to signed SAMLRequests

Hi Scott,

I was always under the impression that one advantage of SAML (un-CB) was that the signed SAML assertions are independent objects, regardless of underlying transport.

However, I do see that in some cases having proof of binding to a transport like TLS is required.

Hmmm, not to open a can of worms, but could I then use the SAML Request/Response (with CB) to build a key-negotiation protocol for a higher layer app?

/thomas/