Subject: FW: [tcmembers] REMINDER: New TC Process goes into effect tomorrow

Here's Mary's note with the links to the FAQ, handbook, info on the webinar,
etc.

From: Mary McRae [mailto:mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2010 3:15 PM
To: tcmembers@lists.oasis-open.org

This is to remind all TC Members that the recently approved changes to the
TC Process go into effect on Friday, 15 October 2010. I urge all members to
read through the TC Process Policy at least once.

The new policy is here:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process-2010-07-28.php
FAQs are here: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process-faq.php
A detailed walk-through of the new Work Product lifecycle is here:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/TChandbook/Reference/WorkProductLifecycle.html

The changes to the TC Process are also driving changes in the way TC
Administration processes your requests. We will now be generating your Work
Product cover pages on all approved Work Products, sparing you the
frustration that often results when trying to get all of the URIs and other
metadata properly structured, and leaving you to focus on your primary task
of designing and writing. Again, the new process is discussed in detail in
the TC Handbook pages referenced above.

I will be holding a webinar on Wednesday, 20 October, at 11am ET. You can
join the meeting by pointing your browser to:
https://my.dimdim.com/oasistcadministrator
You should be able to hear the presentation over your computer speakers; an
optional dial-in number is available:
702-473-3463
passcode: 627478

I will hold several live sessions in order to be available to answer your
questions. 11amET seems to be a sweet spot for Western US/Eastern US/Western
Europe; I'm more than happy to schedule other time slots upon request -
maybe a 9pmET for PacRim? Just let me know!

All the best,

Mary

Mary P McRae
Director, Standards Development
Technical Committee Administrator
Member Section Administrator
email: mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org
web: www.oasis-open.org
twitter: @fiberartisan  #oasisopen
phone: 1.603.232.9090

Standards are like parachutes: they work best when they're open.