Subject: Comments on saml-session-token-v1.0-wd04

Throughout, s/http/HTTP when the protocol itself is meant.

Front matter: you're defining a new XML namespace, so OASIS will demand that you add that to the front boilerplate, and of course provide a schema artifact (maybe that was in your ZIP, I didn't look).

Sec 3.1:

Line 157: <Conditions> should be <saml:Conditions> and in the right font.

In that fourth bullet, I still think we need to either say "only the NotBefore/NotOnOrAfter can be present", or alternatively we need to say something to the effect that the assertion MUST be valid with respect to SAML core (there's a specific section there on validity). It can't be optional to honor other critical content of the assertion, so if you want to obviate the need, the only way is by precluding it being there.

As a normative suggestion, since you're requiring SubjectConfirmation anyway, why not just preclude Conditions outright, and use the NotBefore/NotOnOrAfter fields of the SubjectConfirmationData? That might be simplest.

In 6 and 7, I think the references to the TimeLastActive and AuthnInstant attributes probably ought to be more formalized, maybe referring to the full URI names.

In 10, I think by IssueInstant you mean the XML attribute in the assertion, so I'd s/Attribute/XML attribute.

Sec 4.2:

The XML attributes there need to be unqualified:

s/saml:Version/Version
s/saml:IssueInstant/IssueInstant
s/saml:Method/Method
s/saml:Address/Address
s/saml:NotBefore/NotBefore
s/saml:NotOnOrAfter/NotOnOrAfter

The NameID text still seems off to me because it reads as "MUST create a <saml:Subject> containing the following..." and then mentions NameID. I think you have to expicitly say for each part of the subject whether the child is required or not.

Sec 4.3:

s/saml:AuthnInstant/AuthnInstant

Sec 5.1 and 6:

Looks like some references got embedded as footnote-style numbers, rather than reference labels. Might want to fix that.

Sec 7.2:

Your CookieNameType shouldn't be an abstract type, and you need to define a CookieName element of that type.

<element name="CookieName type="mdsess:CookieNameType"/>

Sec 7.3:

The role extension type is also mistakenly abstract.