Subject: RE: [security-services] Groups - saml-session-token-v1.0-wd06.pdfuploaded

The main idea behind this profile is to standardize existing practice, which generally uses one of the two forms of cookie described.

A cookie is set by the server and returned on the next request from the browser. This is just the behavior we want. A header is sent one way from sender to receiver, but not automatically returned by the browser.

As it happens we are considering creating a different profile which would use HTTP headers to transport SAML Assertions. This would be intended to meet other usecases.

Hal