Subject: Re: [security-services] Request clarification on WP-abbrev for app

On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 8:32 PM, Cantor, Scott E. <cantor.2@osu.edu> wrote:
> On 4/4/11 9:26 PM, "Robin Cover" <robin@oasis-open.org> wrote:
>>>For clarification, by "real names" and "descriptors", do you mean the
>>>spec
>>> title and the artifact name respectively, or something different?
>>
>>Yikes, you've stumped me because I don't know what you mean by
>>"artifact name" [1].
>
> Sorry, I meant the "base" filename of the various published files, which I
> think you called WP-abbrev. My mistake.

Not your mistake; it's poor documentation on our part, and I'm sorry.

For reference, see the TC Handbook summary:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/TChandbook/Reference/WPQualityChecklist.html#filenames

More in detail (grammar rules which define WP-abbrev) with the gloss
  "a name under TC control matching the agreed-upon Work Product abbreviation"

The token appears in the rule for path/URI and in the rule for filename:

Path/URI:
ND: http://docs.oasis-open.org/specGuidelines/ndr/namingDirectives.html#paths
http://docs.oasis-open.org/[tc-shortname]/[WP-abbrev]/[version-id]/[stage-abbrev][revisionNumber]/[doc-id].[ext]
Example: http://docs.oasis-open.org/emergency/cap/v2.0/csd01/cap-v2.0-csd01.html

Filename:
ND: http://docs.oasis-open.org/specGuidelines/ndr/namingDirectives.html#nameConstruction
ND: http://docs.oasis-open.org/specGuidelines/ndr/namingDirectives.html#filenameSyntax
[WP-abbrev]-[version-id]-[stage-abbrev][revisionNumber].[ext]
[doc-id                                               ].[ext]
Example: cap-v2.0-csd01.html

- Robin

--
Robin Cover