Subject: Question to SSTC -- RE: Questions Regarding SAML 2.0 Conformance

Folks,

I received some questions below from Steve Finegan (copied here).  He has the following questions which I didn't feel qualified to answer.  Perhaps someone more familiar with the conformance work could help.

Please CC Steve (reply all) when you reply, as he is not on the SSTC list.

>  My questions are as follows:
>
>  1.  Can you provide some background on the Feature Matrix in
>  Table 2 on Page 9 of the Conformance Requirements?
>  Specifically, what are the key reasons why the "Lite" designations
>  exist for the service providers and the identity providers
>  operation modes? Is the Lite designation sufficient for most purposes?
>
>  2.  Also, on Table 2, it appears as if there are only certain
>  components of Table 1 that are shown. For example, there is no Web
>  SSO, HTTP Post or HTTP Artifacts. What is the rationale for certain
>  combinations of profiles and protocols being chosen or
>  omitted from this section?

Thanks.

/thomas/

SAML Support Matrix.xlsx