Subject: Re: [security-services] query-part in entity identifiers?

On 1/11/12 6:03 PM, "Leif Johansson" <leifj@sunet.se> wrote:

>I'm making acquaintance with a new SAML vendor which for some reason
>is producing metadata containing entityIDs with query parts in the URIs
>
>Will this
>
>a) confuse a typical SAML implementation
>or
>b) blend nicely

I think most experience is that implementations tend to treat them as
strings. I wouldn't do it, certainly, but I doubt it would break much.
Where you'd likely have problems is that you'd be exposing bugs if you ran
into a piece of code that wasn't URL encoding them as a parameter
somewhere because it isn't "usually" fatal not to. As risks go, not high I
would guess.