Subject: Proposed Minutes for SSTC Call (11 December 2012)

> 2. Need a volunteer to take minutes.

Nate volunteered to take the minutes.

> 3. Approval of minutes from previous meeting(s):
>
>   - Minutes from SSTC Call on 13 November 2012: TBD

We're continuing to try to get these minutes circulated by the volunteer who took them.

>   - Minutes from SSTC Call on 27 November 2012:
>
> https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/201211/msg00006.html

Chad moved to approve the minutes.  Nate seconded.

>  (c) SAML 2.1 work (Scott and Chad)
>      - SAML2.1 wiki:
>        https://wiki.oasis-open.org/security/SAML2Revision
>
>      - Chad's list:
>        https://wiki.oasis-open.org/security/SAML21

No updates to report, as Chad didn't have the opportunity to get out the message he'd hoped to.

Chad's list is the things he thinks he can do without any major SSTC help, as it's mostly copy paste fill in new template "brainless" editorial stuff.

The real question is whether we want more from the main list, which is more substantial, and if we do want it, how do we go about getting the resources to tackle it.

Input about the importance of the items that appear on the main list but don't appear on Chad's list is invited.

Chad is happy to work on the more major work as well, as time and resources permit, if we find something we believe to be crucial.

[AI] Everyone on the SSTC is asked to compare these lists.

>  (d) UML version of metadata schema (Rainer Hoerbe)
>
> https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/201211/msg00010.html

Rainer sent his regrets in prior to the call.  He asked via email for people to look at the PDF he uploaded.

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/201212/msg00003.html

We would benefit from a deeper knowledge of what Rainer wanted to accomplish by building this diagram.

Nate and Chad shared questions about whether the diagram could be made clearer than the text, and indeed, whether a diagram that captures the schema accurately could be developed that is more linear.  Scott described himself as diagram deficient and

Scott would have time to write text explaining the metadata model more concretely.  A rough draft of text that could be useful here is in the Shibboleth Wiki.

It's also not clear whether we want to put this in the specification documents themselves for further clarification, or whether the expanded text would fit better in a tech overview.  Chad generalized the question: is there a way the documents and specifications that would collectively form SAML 2.1 be restructured for maximum clarity?

>  (e) SAML ECP (Scott)
>     - Any updates?
>
> https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/201210/msg00008.html

Scott updated the internet-draft at the IETF to a more-or-less final edition pending implementation experience.  Scott will give a once-over to what he has in the SSTC.  He thinks this is about ready, but he won't likely get to it until the new year.

>  (f) XPA updates (David S. & Duane)
>     - Any updates?
>
> https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/201208/msg00010.html

David and Duane weren't in attendance.

> 8. Cancellation of SSTC Meeting on Tue 25 December.
>   - Propose first meeting in 2013 to be on 8 January.
>   - Happy Holidays!

From all of the SSTC for you and yours.  Thanks for everything you've done to make SAML such a success.