Subject: Fwd: SAMLTC meeting minutes Nov 13

From: Allan Foster <allan.foster@forgerock.com>
Subject: SAMLTC meeting minutes
Date: November 13, 2012 9:33:07 AM PST
To: Allan Foster <alan.foster@forgerock.com>

Anil
Ian Young
Nat

Quorum is determined

1)  Approval of minutes of last call
Unanimous

4a)  No ballots open or recently closed

Some slower progress on the SAML 2.1

Async SingleLogout  ballot request approved,  Scott working on ballot submission

Scott reported on ECP, some discussion at IETF, moving forward.

XSPA - Noone from committee on call.

Cloud AuthZ TC - call for participation.
Do we need to participate
HAL reported on use cases from Cloud Identity. Three seem to be Cloud AuthZ.

Person who was most vocal in runup to draft,  no longer with BofA

Anil discussed the TC, and mentioned the need for AuthZ, single policy eval.
Still to meet,  and discuss use cases

Last week was IETF.
Worth noting BOF on HTTP AuthN.
Most discussion on session,  not login.
Discussion on XML vs JSON
Discussion around oAuth and SAML Bearer tokens

Discussion around JWT vs using JSON for SAML.

no further discussion

meeting Adjourned at 12:32

Allan  Foster - ForgeRock
VP Community - Forgerock.org