Subject: Request for TC approval process

Hi Scott and all,

It's good to see the progress and first publication requests for "SAML V2.0 Channel Binding Extensions Version 1.0" [1] and "SAML V2.0 Enhanced Client or Proxy Profile Version 2.0" [2].  It looks as though these documents were originated back in 2010.  Even though the publication formats have changed a bit since the templates were first sent to the TC, I don't expect any formatting issues.

I'd like to remind you to prepare the ZIP files containing all the parts of the specification BEFORE the TC votes to approve them, so everyone can clearly track the status of the documents.  It would be also be a good practice to have the Kavi links available for inclusion in the initial TC meeting minutes.

In the case of these documents, the ZIP files were assembled and uploaded (shortly) after the meeting.  The files referenced and approved during the meeting were in the TC's wiki.  I had to compare message digests from the ZIP contents against the wiki files which existed at the time of the meeting to verify the contents.  As security professionals, you all know the importance of a clear chain-of-custody...  Please help keep the process as transparent as possible.

Thanks and regards,
Paul

[1] https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/TCADMIN-1289
[2] https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/TCADMIN-1291
--
Paul Knight  - Tel: +1 781-861-1013
OASIS - Advancing open standards for the information society