Subject: Re: Proposed Minutes for SSTC Call (9 July 2013)

Find below a slightly revised version of the proposed minutes, with modifications to the XSPA section.  Thanks to Mohammad for the corrections.

> 1. Roll Call & Agenda Review.

Thomas Hardjono
Frederick Hirsch
Mohammad Jafari
Nathan Klingenstein
Chad La Joie
Ian Otto
Ian Young

Quorum was achieved.

> 2. Need a volunteer to take minutes.

Nate volunteered.

> 3. Approval of minutes from previous meeting(s):
>
>  - Minutes from SSTC Call on 25 June 2013:
>
> https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/201306/msg00016.html
>
>  NB: minor correction in minutes ("Sal" should be "Hal").

Chad moved to approve the minutes with the minor correction.  Mohammad seconded.  There were no objections and the minutes were adopted.

> 4. AIs & progress update on current work-items:
>
> (a) Current electronic ballots: Channel Binding & ECP (closing 10 July)
>
> https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/201307/msg00000.html

These two ballots close tomorrow and we encourage everyone who can vote to do so.  There are already enough "yes" votes for passage but there's still time for objection.

> (c) SAML 2.1 work (Chad)
>     - SAML2.1 wiki:
>       https://wiki.oasis-open.org/security/SAML2Revision
>
>     - Chad's list:
>       https://wiki.oasis-open.org/security/SAML21
>
>     - Sample ToC for an SSO Profile:
>       https://wiki.oasis-open.org/security/SAML21ExampleProtocol
>
>     - Any updates?

Chad submitted last night to TC-Admin a request that 11 templates be generated.  Once those templates are done, then work can commence on actual specification refresh.

> (d) Conceptual/overview of Metadata (Rainer Hoerbe)
>     - Any updates?
>
>       http://files.hoerbe.at/daunlod/eadocx-quickdoc.pdf

Rainer was not able to join us for this call.

> (e) SAML ECP (Scott)
>     - In Ballot (closing 10 July 2013)
>
> (f) Channel Binding Ext (Scott)
>     - In Ballot (closing 10 July 2013)

Scott was also unable to join us for this call, but these two work items may be done and will be removed from the next agenda.

> (g) XPA updates (Mohammad Jafari)
>    - Any updates?

The XSPA TC had a meeting last week and decided upon a schedule and a set of action items for update of their profiles, including the SAML specification.  They have set a timeline for a new, updated draft profile to be presented to the committee mid-August.  These profiles will include new attributes for important healthcare concepts such as clearances.

Thomas was curious how the SSTC could contribute, and the plan is to bring the SAML profile for XSPA to the SSTC.  This would hopefully happen in the second half of August.

> (h) SAML Token Profile for ebMS (Ian Otto / Australia)
>     - Any updates?

Ian is still awaiting comments on the ebMS SAML Token Profile.  He's received a template for a conformance specification, so he'll be turning this into a conformance specification for ebMS3 AS4.

Once he collects enough comments, he'll publish a revision.  This will include some modifications in response to Nate and Scott's comments about the use of SAML 1.1, especially in conjunction with WS-Security.

> 5. Assorted mail items:
>  - Channel binding with respect to holder-of-key and bearer tokens (Rainer)
>
> https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/201307/msg00001.html
>

> 6. Other items:
>  - IETF87 Berlin coming-up.
>
> 7. Next SSTC Call:
>  - Tuesday 23 July 2013.

We look forward to speaking with you then.