Subject: Proposed Minutes for SSTC Telecon (Tuesday March 18th, 2014)

> 1. Roll Call & Agenda Review.

Quorum was achieved.

> 2. Need a volunteer to take minutes.

Nate got volunteered.

> 3. Approval of minutes from previous meeting(s):
>
>   - Minutes from SSTC Call on 4 March 2014:
>
> https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/201403/msg00007.html

Chad moved to approve the minutes.  Hal seconded.  There were no objections or further discusssions and the minutes were adopted.

>  (c) SAML 2.1 work (Chad)
>      - SAML2.1 wiki:
>        https://wiki.oasis-open.org/security/SAML2Revision
>
>      - Chad's list:
>        https://wiki.oasis-open.org/security/SAML21
>
>      - Proposed document titles:
>
> https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/201403/msg00004.html

Chet is generating the templates for specification documents based on the list of documents proposed.  He asked whether we wanr to keep the namespaces the same, and Chad said certainly, for obvious backward compatibility reasons.

Once Chad receives it, he'll start with the browser authentication work.  He would be happy to have others contribute, particularly to part 0, the overview.  If you're interested, please let him know.  Nate said he'd be thinking about helping out.

>  (d) Conceptual/overview of Metadata (Rainer Hoerbe)
>      - Further Steps thread. Any updates?
>
> https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/security/document.php?document_id=50362

Rainer was not present.

>  (e) XSPA updates (Mohammad Jafari)
>     - Any updates?

Mohammad was not online.

>  (f) Other links on saml.xml.org:
>
> https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/201403/msg00003.html

Hal sent a question to the list about the other links on saml.xml.org.  There appear to be circular links now.

Nate is uncomfortable with the current phraseology, feeling that having a poorly worded statement that saml.xml.org was no longer being updated could reflect poorly on SAML itself and that the text itself was a little lost on the page.  He wanted to ensure that any visit would see that SAML is still quite actively maintained.

Chad asked whether we could just put in a redirect from saml.xml.org to the Wiki at this point.  Hal wasn't sure whether OASIS would be amenable to that because of the preference of OASIS to preserve absolutely everything, but Nate was in favor of asking anyway.  Chad expressed the importance of, in the event of a negative response, at least asking why they wouldn't be amenable.  It was suggested that there were some other alternatives or possible compromises that could be made in the event that TC-Admin remained reluctant.

[AI] Thomas will take the request for a redirect to the OASIS TC Admin.