Subject: Draft Minutes for SSTC Telecon - Tuesday 30 Sept 2014 (corrected)

> 1. Roll Call & Agenda Review.

Attendance

Scott Cantor 	Internet2
Thomas Hardjono 	M.I.T.
Frederick Hirsch 	Nokia Corporation
Mohammad Jafari 	Veterans Health Administration
Hal Lockhart 	Oracle

Quorum achieved

> 2. Need a volunteer to take minutes.

Hal

> 3. Approval of minutes from previous meeting(s):
>
>    - Minutes from 19 September:
>
> https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/201409/msg0000
> 1.html

Approved unanimously

> 4. AIs & progress update on current work-items:
>
>   (a) Current electronic ballots: None.
>
>   (b) Status/notes regarding past ballots: None.
>
>   (c) SAML 2.1 work:
>       - SAML2.1 wiki:
>         https://wiki.oasis-open.org/security/SAML2Revision
>
>       - Starter docs:
> https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-
> services/201403/msg00010.html

Chad is not able to continue membership in OASIS. We need a volunteer to take up this work.

>   (d) Conceptual/overview of Metadata (Rainer Hoerbe)
>       - SSTC review is requested.

No update

Scott noted that he posted a formal notice of contribution of Shibboleth Consortium materials on Metadata to the TC. This was in response to concerns raised previously by Rainer.

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/201409/msg00004.html

>   (e) XSPA updates (Mohammad Jafari)
>      - Any updates.

Work continues. Nothing to report today.

>   (f) SSTC moving to a monthly schedule.

Because of the lack of active work items, it is proposed that we move to meeting only every 4 weeks. However, recently the chairs received a request for review of work being done in the Dutch eID project using SAML. Besides document review, they propose to give a presentation at a SAML meeting on the project.

It was agreed in principle to move to meeting every 4 weeks. The chairs will determine if the project will be ready to give a presentation on October 14th. If not, they will cancel the call that day. In any event we will change to a 4 week schedule thereafter.

Thomas expressed a desire to step down as co-chair. However he agreed to continue at least until he can find a replacement. He also said that if we only meet every 4 weeks, he may be able to continue as co-chair.

> 7. Next SSTC Call:
>    - Tuesday 14 October 2014, unless canceled by the chairs.

Hal