Subject: Re: [security-services] Re: Dutch eID Preso follow up. RE: Proposed Minutes for SSTC Call (Nov 25, 2014)

On 12/10/14, 2:34 AM, "Colin Wallis" <Colin.Wallis@dia.govt.nz> wrote:

>Haha.. :-)
>OK smartypants..point taken.. :-)

It's not *that* simple. You also have to specify exactly what the IdP is
supposed to do. Metadata requirements are advisory, not normative. The IdP
doesn't have to fail, and it can send other Attributes if it wants to,
etc. Queries work very differently. My impression is that this use case is
more like the metadata one then the query one, but it's not my use case,
so I'm not the arbiter of that.

Worst case you define a container element and have a "strict" attribute.