Subject: OASIS Identity & Privacy Conference...Open for Presentation Ideas from Members

Inline image 1

Call for presentations

Deadline for Proposals: 8 May

Programme Theme:  A look across applications, devices, borders & the cloud!

OASIS, in collaboration with EEMA, plan to bring together privacy and identity international experts to stimulate fresh thinking and novel approaches to dealing with security and privacy risks in our increasingly hyperconnected world of complex cloud applications and distributed devices.  Hosted at CA Technologies historic DittonManor conference centre, near Windsor, the conference will generate dialogue across government and business, combining high-profile keynote speakers, interactive roundtable sessions, and moderated debates.

About the event theme

As critical infrastructures, applications, devices, and individuals rapidly become networked and inter-dependent, impacting virtually every facet of our personal, social, governmental and economic lives, the management of information security and privacy risks must also expand and deepen  to keep pace with the threat landscape.  Understanding risks and having mitigation strategies are our only hope. Long term planning, that incorporates solutions at every level, including very large-scale systems such as complex cloud applications, is key.  For most people it is exhausting having to think about all the different devices, applications, accounts and identities each with their own privacy regimes, applications, access controls, and determined adversaries that we have to deal with.   And with new, hyperconnected devices and infrastructures – the Internet of Everyone and Everything – risk becomes even more difficult to assess and control.

This community event is designed to provide practical guidance to those looking to take advantage of secure and creditable identity and privacy options. Thought-provoking presentations and panel discussions will tackle the key issues in our hyperconnected world.

OASIS invites our members to submit proposals that share experiences and knowledge, through case study presentations, interoperability demonstrations, and Q&A roundtables. Presentation ideas that advocate responsible risk management measures that will work in this new hyperconnected world and allow us to invest in building long term, secure and privacy-sensitive systems, devices and data centers that protect individuals’ privacy, and reliably execute responsible security policies.   The agenda will accommodate both 30 minute presentations and/or 60 minute roundtable discussions.  The Program Committee will peer-review all proposals and reserves the right to adapt or restructure proposals submitted to ensure an interesting and compelling program.  Marketing/promotional proposals will not be considered for the programme.

The programme committee is soliciting proposals in the following areas:

To submit a proposal, please email the following information to mailto:event@oasis-open.org:

Contact us directly with any questions about the submission process and/or the conference – mailto:event@oasis-open.org.

Dates to Remember: