Subject: New SAML draft forthcoming

There's been a longstanding set of problems in the higher ed SAML-using community around user identifier practice, and we've been working lately on a new deployment profile that we're hoping to promulgate more widely as a cross-sector profile via Kantara.

As part of that work, we're going to propose a new pair of SAML identifier attributes to replace a lot of broken/legacy practice, including the use of NameIDs, which need to be nuked from orbit, and we would like to do that drafting at OASIS to give it a bit more visibility. So just a heads up that I'm going to get a template shortly and put together a new attribute profile draft for this.

ETA is next month for me to get this moving.