Subject: Re: W3C WG vs SAML ?? Fwd: [security-services] Official statement to W3C WG about impact on SAML?

I took an action to craft a few sentences for this that might work as a TC statement to "somebody" at the W3C. This is a little longer than I was hoping, but maybe at least a starting point.

-- Scott

The Security Services TC, responsible for the SAML 2.0 standard, has been made aware of various Browser API proposals being discussed by the Privacy and Federated Identity Community Groups that would have a substantial impact on the deployed base of SAML around the world.

We would urge the W3C to take into consideration the potential for disruption if the final form of these proposals results in incompatibilities requiring updated standards and/or software by all existing deployments of the SAML standard.

The development of new standards, and the deployment of new software by so many, is an undertaking that will likely take a number of years, and we urge this be taken into account, should these proposals reach the status of W3C Recommendations.