Subject: Re: Notion of session

On Wed, 31 Jan 2001 George_Robert_Blakley_III@tivoli.com wrote:

> On the call today we discussed whether the specification ought to
> include a notion of session.
>
> Here's my cut at some text capturing this issue:

I like both Bob B's characterization of the issue and his recommendations,
in particular:

> Given all this, I would strongly prefer that we NOT include (2) (a) in
> our scope.

I think his points (assuming we are able to achieve consensus on them)
begin to answer the questions I put to the main list on Jan 29 about the
relationship of OSSML to other protocols.  That is, to use OSSML
assertions a protocol has to have its own facilities for session
management, secure binding of protocol elements, etc; we won't be
providing these.

 - RL "Bob"