Subject: RE: References

I agree with the Bob's and I believe I said so in my ballot. This is
engineering not a requirement.

However I have a terminology nit to pick.

I would like to suggest the term Reference be reserved for a compact data
value which has no inherent meaning, but simply acts as means to identify an
Assertion and perhaps prove it refers to the party presenting the reference.
Note that this meaning is consistent with the use of the term in C++ and
Java as well as in scholarship.

This is distinct from a scheme in which some meaningful data is presented in
compressed and perhaps encrypted form. Ticket or Token might be an
appropriate term for such an item.

Part of the reason for making this distinction is that I favor the former
over the latter for SAML.

Hal