semantic-ex message

Subject: RE: [semantic-ex] Request for contribution to Architecture deliverable

Hi,

Some comments and questions inline.

Matt

[MM>] I will take this one.
[MM>]

>3) Benefits of adding semantics to SOA - Section 2.4. That's item needs
>our immediate attention (it is still really about justifying why we are
>working on SEE). Take a look on this poster [3], as I believe it can
>help a lot.
>4) Overview of SEE architecture. Working together with Dieter, we had
>simplified our architecture diagram (attached). Now we need a good
>description for this new diagram.

[MM>] Why is the box on the left called peer? I know this has been in the
diagram for a while but I think it is misleading. If we show two peers
communicating together via a central SEE architecture then the SEE
architecture appears as a central middleware platform. I think that we want
to show that we can have a p2p network where each node in the network has
some form of the SEE architecture installed on it.
[MM>]

>5) Structural view (section 4) should first describe three layers and
>justify why they exist before going into details about particular
>components.

[MM>] You mean the three layers shown in the architecture diagram - problem
solving, application services and base services? This is a good idea.
[MM>]