smartgrid-discuss message

Subject: Fall in electricity demand from =?UTF-8?Q?utilities=3F?=

Attached is something I just received today.

Makes one stop and think about what kind of distribution and generation system we should be enabling?

Seems like this is all about to change - just like eCommerce transformed retail.  The consumer is now in charge instead of the suppliers.

Clearly cultural aspects of this are the key driver.  If Americans turn out their lights when they are not using them - and turn their thermostats down in winter and up in summer - the results can be very significant.  On the other hand - if they all start driving Chevy Volts that's another story.  But then if everyone installs solar systems in their homes they can afford to own two Volts and use them on alternate days. Anyone got a crystal ball handy?!?

Thanks, DW

Decline in Electricity Use.doc