soa-eerp message

Subject: RE: [soa-eerp] I060: Review comments on White Paper

The version of Model and Use Case document has been upload to
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/33488/EERP-Model-UseCase-W
hitePaper-WD02.pdf. It addresses this issue with the following:

> (1) The document is not easily reviewable -- there are no line numbers in
the PDF, and
> only the even page numbers are shown. The sections are not numbered. It
is an
> imposition on reviewers to give them a 25 page document in such a form.

The format of the document is based on OASIS White Paper template at White
Paper Template (Microsoft Word Format) (.dot)    -
http://docs.oasis-open.org/templates/OASISWhitePaper.dot

> (2) My review will be more brief than it would have been with proper
markers to point
> to. Substantial portions cannot be reviewed in their current form; the
next draft with
> line numbers will help.

Line number has been added.

> (3) Footer on page 3 (before the odd page numbers disappeared) is "Title
of White
> Paper". Fix,.

Footer problem on page 3 has been fixed.

> (4) The introduction, last para, says "EERP applies service discovery,
composition,
> simulation, and optimization techniques..." overstates. Which part of
which specs that
> are CD02 apply those things?  This introduction is very misleading.

Line 62-67 has been changed to “the ultimate goal of EERP, and the first
step is for the CD02.

> (5) Page 5 ""will be on enablers for optimization..." - this is future
tense for something
> explaining current work.

Fixed on line 91

> (6) Next para - "such how" is wrong.

Fixed on line 95

> (7) Page 6 top (See why line numbers are required?) Where is BPMN in the
current
> specs? I think this overreaches.

This is paragraph is from our charter, see “Scope” section on
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/soa-eerp/charter.php

The current status of TC works has been added on Line #116 to 128

> (8) Page 7 first para change part of text to read "...have been approved
by the SOA-
> EERP TC as Committee Drafts."

Fixed on line #117-118

> (9) What is the source of the diagrams? If you used XML Spy you should
> acknowledge.

Generated by XmlSpy has been added to all XML Schema diagram, see Figure 3
to Figure6

> (10) Through page 13 seems to be a recitation of the schemas. Should
start with the
> conceptual framework and motivate the schemas and specs, not the other
way around.
> A white paper should tell you why you should care, then go (as necessary)
into the
> details.

Fixed. See Line #129 to 296

> (11) There is a suggestion on pages 14-15 that the TC has done some of
this work (no
> line numbers). It needs to be very clear at each step that this is NOT in
the current work
> of the TC, so readers won't look for the details. Wording thoughout e.g.
"The EERP
> will have the following messages exchange" reinforces that mid-impression.

Added current status of TC works on Line #116 to 128
Fixed on Line #177 – 178

> (12) Diagram (no number) on page ?15 - conventionally the requester is on
the left, not
> on the right. This arrangement is counter-intuitive.

Redraw Figure 2 on Page 9.

> (13) Numerous issues with text throughout. As WD01, this clearly needs
more work to
> be a positive exposure of the SOA-EERP work to the world.

Added text on Line #141 - 154. Fixed some wording on Line 131 - 139. Line
70 – 115 are based on our charter on
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/soa-eerp/charter.php

> (14) I did not review the examples in detail due to lack of line numbers.
Next WD
 > needs line numbers so it can be reviewed adequately.

Line # has been added

> (15) References are WRONG. There is no such thing as a normative
reference in a
> whitepaper. Correct. Delete RF2119 reference as well.

Fixed on Line#587 - 595

> (16) Revision history says this is Rev 00, but it's described elsewhere
as "WD 01"

Fixed on Line# 597-598

> (17) Number the figures so they can be easily referenced.

Caption and number have been added to all Figures