soa-rm-comment message

Subject: Comment for line 1154 and 1158

Definition of Mediator - section 3.3.1 line 1154 - says that Mediator facilitates the "use of service of service in some way". This is ambiguous; what way is this?

The service use is not facilitates by a Mediator but supported, provided, materialised, actualised. The examples of filter, proxy, broker confirm my statement.

In the line 1157/1158, the document says that the Mediator service "actively stands for one or other party in an interaction" as a proxy broker. That is, the Mediator stands instead or as a place-holder of "one or other party in an interaction". This is true if the place-held party delegates its interaction dedicated interface(s) to the Mediator. In G4 book, Mediator, however, has different meaning - as an intermediary that does not represent any parties but the interaction logic for these parties (as a broker).

I think that this definition requires clarification.

- Michael Poulin