soa-rm-comment message

Subject: RE: [soa-rm-comment] Possible additional to the reference model

Morten,

Thank you for your comments.  For the reference model, we tried to keep it
to the minimal set of concept and relationships, with an emphasis on
minimal.  However,  the follow-on work, the SOA Reference Architecture
Foundation, has an entire architectural view on what we call the SOA
ecosystem.  In this, the consumer is very prominent but even extended beyond
your points to include the concepts of actors, participants, and
stakeholders.  Two public reviews have previously been made available and,
in April, we are hoping to approve a third review with a revised ecosystem
view.  Please keep an eye open for this and we'll look forward to your
further comments.

Ken

Dr. Kenneth Laskey
MITRE Corporation, M/S H305              phone: 703-983-7934
7515 Colshire Drive                                    fax:
703-983-1379
McLean VA 22102-7508

-----Original Message-----
From: Morten Wegelbye Nissen [mailto:wegelbye@cs.au.dk]
Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2011 6:19 PM
To: soa-rm-comment@lists.oasis-open.org

Hello,

Thanks for the writeup.

I think there is two things that is not covered by the reference model,
that I think is within the scope of the Architecture of SOA.

Consumers: Mentioned in many places. But not placed in any of the
concept-ellipses. Why I think it is important for SOA - You need to take
into account who is the target. And you might loose control of usage of
your system. ( might be categorized under the policy ) - One of my
recommendations is always to have some kind of authentication, even if
your service is completely free.

Further: Services tend to grow, great services grows even faster. And
yes x in XML is for extendability :) But you need to think this into our
architecture. At some point you might need to break backwards
compatibility with older version...

That was my two cents,

./Morten

--
This publicly archived list offers a means to provide input to the
OASIS SOA Reference Model TC.

In order to verify user consent to the Feedback License terms and
before posting.

Subscribe: soa-rm-comment-subscribe@lists.oasis-open.org