Subject: Comments on Needs and Capabilities

As I look at the different sections of the RA
architecture, I like to ask myself how this helps me
move to a more concrete architecture.  The "Needs and
Capabilities" section contains references to
visibility in the SOA, discussion of contracts and
possible Service Level Agreements, references the
execution  context, references semantics, discussion
of the measurability of needs and capabilities and
expectations.

http://wiki.oasis-open.org/soa-rm/TheArchitecture/NeedsAndCapabilities

I do not believe that measurability of needs,
capabilities, and expectations are discussed in other
sections of the RA so I find this to be one of the key
discussion points for this section.  Frank discussed
measuring the need in terms of a proposition against
the shared state and the use of policies in that
measurability.

Also, the point about an enterprise SOA having
policies and an internet SOA having contracts (I would
also add policies) was a good point to bring out.