Subject: Fwd: 5th issue of the International Journal of Interoperability in Business Information Systems published

For those of you interested in "creating interoperability in business information systems", I thought you could add this to your reading list.  I assume there will be some discussion of governance.

Ken

Begin forwarded message:

Scope
The capability to efficiently interact, collaborate and exchange
information with business partners and within a company is one of the
most important challenges of each enterprise, especially forced by the
global markets and the resulting competition. Today, many software
systems are completely isolated and not integrated into a homogeneous
structure. This makes it hard to exchange information and to keep
business information in sync. Interoperability can be defined as the
ability of enterprise software and applications to interact. In Europe
between 30-40% of total IT budgets is spent on issues tied to
Interoperability.

This journal aims in exchanging and presenting research activities in
the area of creating interoperability in business information systems.
Ambition of this journal is to get an overview of current research
activities as well as to offer a broad discussion in selected areas of
the interoperability of heterogeneous information systems. It is
proposed to connect research experts from this domain and to exchange
ideas and approaches. It is our goal to connect latest research results
with real-world scenarios in order to increase interoperability in
business information systems.

Mission

The IBIS journal aims at distributing latest research results of the
interoperability domain free of charge. Hence, all accepted issues of
the journal can be downloaded for free at this website. All accepted
articles are peer reviewed by at least three independent members of the
review board. In order to assure an excellent quality, the journal only
accepts highly rated articles. Accepted submissions are published in
the journal and citable. The journal has got an international ISSN
number allowing a unique identification of papers. The International
Journal of Interoperability in Business Information Systems releases 4
issues a year.

Topics
Topics of the journal include, but are not limited to:

* Integration of business information systems
* Enterprise modeling for Interoperability
* Interoperability architectures and frameworks
* Interoperability of business standards
* Intelligent mediators
* Coupling of information systems
* Interoperability of classification systems
* (Semi-)Automatic transformation of standards
* Interoperability of (meta) models
* Semantic integration concepts
* Interoperability between domain specific standards
* Semantic analysis of structured, semi-structured, and
unstructured data
* Interoperability of catalog based information systems
* Cooperation in heterogeneous information systems
* Ontology matching, merging and aligning
* Semantic combination of heterogeneous standards
* Ontology- and model management
* Interoperability of sector specific systems