Subject: Issue #228 (Line 216) Recommendation

Frank,

With respect to Issue 228 ((Line 216) that we discussed today on the subject of "workflows" and "workflow processes," based on the formal WfMC definitions, I'd say we just go with your suggestion of adding the word workflow to the beginning of the paragraph as you suggested and dropping the last sentence "As an aside...".

See:

http://www.wfmc.org/standards/docs/TC-1011_term_glossary_v3.pdf

There does not really seem to be industry consensus on whether or not workflow does or does not require human intervention.  I noticed a very mixed perspective when I did a literature and standards search several months ago.  The WfMC characterizes the notion of a Workflow Participant synonymous with role, actor, role player, user, etc. and this may or may not be a human entity.

So in summary, let's just go with what you proposed and not belabor the issue.  Danny, I think you can close this one.

Cheers...

 - Jeff E.