Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] service, capability, and concise description

It seems to me that this thread closely parallels the views/viewpoint
aspect of an architectural description as defined by IEEE 1471 and
TOGAF.   Namely, that there are participants, which they call
stakeholders, who have concerns and that similar concerns from
potentially different stakeholders are grouped into a view.  An
architectural description is then composed of the set of descriptions of
each of these different views.  Our idea of capability can be looked at
as a solution to a single, coherent set of concerns, i.e. the solution
to a single view.

The above specs go on to say that a given stakeholder may have different
concerns which are satisfied by different views.  Another point they
make is that the different views must be checked for consistency and
completeness when addressing the complete architectural description.

Don

--
Don Flinn
President