Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] Service Interaction Visual Model (based on today'stelecon discussion)

I need to introduce the 'counts-as' predicate/inference rule.

Counts-as is used in some systems of logic to help capture causal
models. But counts-as is not causality.

P1 counts-as P2

can be roughly translated as

"whenever you see P1, it is as though you saw P2"

For example, "the traffic light is green" counts-as "permission to
cross", and "ack" counts-as "I have received".

In message-based interaction: "successful execution of MEP 1234"
counts-as "client wants to open a bank account"

More formally, it is a way of relating predicates in one system of
logic/world domain to predicates in another. It is not the same thing
as implies because you can cross logical systems using counts-as.

(For the logically curious, counts-as is closer to the interpretation
function than implication.)

The bottom line: a communicative action (which is a joint action)
counts-as an action against the service.
Frank