Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] reaching closure on Action

I still have the question of whether Action as the application of intent requires a receipt of that intent.  This is back to the singular vs. communicative nature of the Action.

If the message is the Action, then the Action has to be both the sending AND receiving of the message in order for it to be a communicative action.  Intent sounds like one way; it is my motivation and the action is my acting on that motivation, but that is all separate from the receiver.

The Service Action, OTOH, is singular on the side of the service/receiver.  The service Action Model delineates what messages need to be sent in order for certain "activities" to be carried out, leading to certain RWE.  The Action Model exists independent of a speaker.

The Communicative Action CANNOT count-as the Service Action because one requires a speaker and the other does not.

Ken