Subject: RE: [soa-rm-ra] A general comment on the SOA RA

Title: Re: [soa-rm-ra] A general comment on the SOA RA
My issue, too, is with the restructuring of the content.  I suspect that, in part, it is a problem of processes vs. views.  Theoretically, views and viewpoints vs.. processes/procedures should be equally understandable, but I found that the concepts were highly fragmented/disconnected, among the views.  That is the reason that I put the attached together from the current connect, as an example for increasing the readability.

Bob

From: Lublinsky, Boris [mailto:boris.lublinsky@navteq.com]
Sent: Saturday, April 04, 2009 11:25 AM
To: Francis McCabe; soa-rm-ra@lists.oasis-open.org; Ken Laskey

I know you do,
The question is whether it reads this way.
I think that the isuue is mostly restructuring of the content. At the moment all the ideas about real world effect, description, etc do reflect some of this, but...
I would think, that it would be more appropriate to make this statement upfront and then start referring to it throughout.
For example, service description can, then be structi\ured as:
Business service description, providing informataion for selecting services, base on its business functionality and some of the policies, that are relevant for this particular business solution.
Technical service description, relevant for building service consumer.

Another piece, that is not covered at all is service definition and service implementation.
Here again we could of talked about business decomposition and defining services, based on the enterprise business processes and aligning with BMM, which helps to define these processes.
On the service implemwntation, the issue is that you rarely create a service from scratch - service implementation is typically a fairly thin layer, rationalizing existing IT capabilities against enterprise business models. There can be some content on this.

Is this something that you see being usefull, or I am leading you out to the left field?