Subject: Two issues

Hi everyone,

As I try to get caught up on everything, including our work, I wanted to
ask a question and make a comment.

Question:
Am I the only one who finds the first sentence of the third paragraph of
Section 1.1.4 Relationship to other Reference Architectures unreadable?

We may know what we mean, but I doubt a reader will. "In addition, this
Reference reference Architecture architecture, as the title
illustrates..." is so tortured I think we should put it out of its
misery. It's right up there with "TypeTypes" and "TypeTypeTypes." I
don't care if we have to break it down into First Grade Primer "See Spot
run." simplicity, but this has to be clear and understandable and not
make our readers cross-eyed.

Something like "This Reference Architecture is intended to be a model
for other SOA reference architectures, Thus we consider it a
foundation." might be sufficient.

Comment:
What practical value does "Counts As" buy us? If we can come up with a
crystal clear example that I don't have to try to re-explain and
re-explain, I'll stop bringing it up. But even if we get a clear
example, we need to know what value it brings to the SOA Ecosystem.

Rex Brooks
President, CEO
Starbourne Communications Design
GeoAddress: 1361-A Addison