Subject: Available only if Quorum Needed--Brief Reply to Ken

Hi Folks,

I'm still buried in the the first draft of EDXL Situation Reporting and
can't take the time away from that to attend the meeting today, unless
we need me for a quorum, in which case I would call in to establish it
and listen a bit then return to my work. There's just no way around this
despite the fact we seem to be at a critical crossroads. You can call me
at the phone number in my signature, but you'll need to have yourself
id'd because I won't answer anything without knowing who's calling.

RE: Ken's post: I'm against the idea of adding any other sections to the
document or fussing with the definition of service. I have listened to
these periodic spasms of angst over the term and it always dies down
when whichever group's favorite definition, usually aimed to provide
their products/services with apparent (perception) advantage gets gored.
My opinion: ENOUGH ALREADY! If we ignore them they will go away because
the least encumbered definition is all that the marketplace will
eventually allow. The more strings we tie onto it, the longer it takes
us to finish and the less the chance that our work will be anything
other than a footnote. We can't respond to these very predictable spasms.

I'll be a little less testy once this big hairy spec is off my plate and
into its first Public Review.