Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] Re: Further Note on Mediator

Title: Re: [soa-rm-ra] Re: Further Note on Mediator
Again, the emphasis that I am accustomed to using is:
“A Mediator can be thought of as a service that offers functionalities that controls/manages collaboration/interactions and act as an intermediary between entities.”  That is, the emphasis is that it is an intermediary that controls/manages interactions among entities.
This offers a wide variety of interpretations, I know.  Can a “service mediator” fit into this definition?
Am only offering the basic position of the agent-based world — which as borrowed from the human-based world in practice.
Other terms I have seen include “intermediary” and “broker.”

Just my two Kopeks.

-Jim

On 12/17/10 11:13 AM, "Rex Brooks" indited:

  I absolutely support "service registry/repository = service mediator."

 The difference between the camps as far as i can see is that I'm happy to allow more restrictive examples while Michael, Boris and Jim prefer to disallow the flexibility I require in this example.