Subject: agenda and chair for today's meeting

Gentlemen,

I’ve been battling the flu since the weekend and I’m not sure I’ve got the energy to chair today’s call.  I am behind in the email, so I do not know what recent issues or resolutions have surfaced.  So I ask the following:

1.       If I’m not on line, will someone volunteer to chair.

2.       At the end of the last call, I said I would send out a request for substantive comments after Peter and Chris revised the definitions spreadsheet and provided a summary of the state/RWE/joint action thread.  I thought the summary provided a consistent basis for identifying the current text that was still accurate and areas where a fuller explanation is necessary.  So to move forward, I would like everyone to review the definitions in the spreadsheet.

a.       Note the 28 July definitions (along with agreed updates to state) are the baseline unless there is agreement on an improved text

b.      If the spreadsheet drops a definition that one feels is needed, this is the time to bring that up.   Rex noted several terms during the last call and I’d like similar feedback from others.

c.       With Peter heading off on a belated honeymoon, we need to identify a date for feedback to be in.  I would like it ASAP but I see no reason to ask folks to rush just to have the results sitting in Peter’s inbox.

3.       We may want to take up management over the next week or two if we need to wait for Peter’s return to finalize section 3.

That’s it for now.

Dr. Kenneth Laskey

MITRE Corporation, M/S H305              phone: 703-983-7934

7515 Colshire Drive                                    fax:        703-983-1379

McLean VA 22102-7508

smime.p7s