Subject: Diagrams for SOA ecosystsem and system

Peter F Brown

Independent Consultant

www.peterfbrown.com

P.O. Box 49719, Los Angeles, CA 90049, USA

Tel: +1.310.694.2278

From: Peter F Brown
Sent: Tuesday, 20 December, 2011 16:30
To: Dr. Ken Laskey (klaskey@mitre.org)
Cc: 'Bashioum, Christopher D'
Subject: SOA-RAF outstanding issues...

Ken,

What do you think of the two attached models? Are either of them close to what we need? I’m not 100% sure of the association type between some of the classes but broadly the two differ according to whether or not we feel that “Stakeholder” and “Actor” should be modelled as Association/Role classes rather than first-class objects; and whether or not “Participant” is a real, abstract or pseudo-class (I have an issue with UML and multiple inheritance modelling)

These should address your issue number 32 and would avoid us going the RM-ODP way, however attractive the idea…

My copy of Enterprise Architect has helpfully chosen today to crash and require a complete re-install…ho hum, trying to tell me something…

Happy Holidays!

Peter F Brown

Independent Consultant

Using Information Technologies to Empower and Transform

www.peterfbrown.com

P.O. Box 49719, Los Angeles, CA 90049, USA

Tel: +1.310.694.2278

Member of:

Follow me: