Subject: Updates to Issues list and proposed disposition of some issues

All,

As promised,

Attached is a full update of the Issues list and includes:

-          My issue regarding the term “user”, together with a list of the changes proposed;

-          Danny’s list of issues, with references updated to reflect CSPRD03, together with a list of the non-controversial typo and minor edits proposed;

-          Rich Hilliard’s issue regarding the updated references to ISO 42010 (IEEE 1471 is deprecated)

In addition I include an update of the Gold Copy of the document, with Track Changes active, incorporating all the obvious and editorial changes. I have not incorporated any changes regarding the issue of mediated awareness and Reg/Rep. Wer need to discuss this in particular. Danny has highlighted six items related to this but I suggest we consider then as a single issue and once agreement is reached, we then dispose with new text accordingly.

Furthermore, I should highlight that the update of IEEE 1471 to ISO 42010 causes a few headaches, not least of which is that some of the core terminology, upon which our document is based (notably “view” and “viewpoint” but also “system”) have been deprecated. The easiest solution might be to change the definitions where they are updated (which I already include) and add a footnote to the definitions from IEEE 1471 that are now deprecated, stating that we still use them for consistency…

I don’t have access to the 2011 approved standard (ISO pay-wall, thank you) and have based my comments on the latest pre-approval draft (D9). It would be good to see the final document so that we can cross-check on all references and terms properly.

Hope this all helps. I will be on the road for the next week, up in San Francisco, and will have somewhat limited access to my usual office “experience”…

Cheers,

Peter

Peter F Brown

Independent Consultant

Using Information Technologies to Empower and Transform

www.peterfbrown.com

P.O. Box 49719, Los Angeles, CA 90049, USA

Tel: +1.310.694.2278

Member of:

Follow me: