Subject: Re: [soa-rm] Groups - Rough notes taken during the last ebSOAmeeting.(ebSOA-Elements.pdf) uploaded

Martin:

You are correct on the first point - I was assuming a definition of
SOA.   That assumption is based on all elements common in all things
claiming to be SOA.

I can assure you however that I do not equate SOA to web services.  SOA
to me is an architectural paradigm; a way of doing things and can be
expressed in some ADL.  Web services are simply one of many
implementations of SOA (assuming of course a definition of web services
that doesn't break this premise) ;-)

I would still assert that not all implementations of SOA (assuming the
following classify as SOA - Bluetooth, Corba, ebXML, WS-*, the Internet,
CBA, IBD...etc) have business process management since not all of these
are deployed in a business environment.

I guess this all proves the point that we do have to focus on the
reference model since without a clear definition of SOA, we are going to
have these conversations (as valuable as I think they are right now).

I am going to propose an agenda for next weeks call - would like to get
comments back on it.

Cheers

Duane

Adobe Enterprise Developer Resources  - http://www.adobe.com/enterprise/developer/main.html